Safe Contract Policy
Insurance cover for a single, large export contract.
Exporters of capital goods are exposed to a particularly high financial risk. The payment terms applied in such transactions are usually lengthy, and the value of the contract is substantial. For companies implementing a large, single export contract, in particular for the supply of capital goods, such as machines, devices, technological lines or means of transport, we offer protection against the risk of non-payment by a foreign buyer. Our protection also covers the pre-shipment risk, i.e. losses incurred by the exporter before the delivery of the goods or the performance of the service.
Who is eligible
Companies performing a single export contract (with a payment term not exceeding two years), in particular for the supply of capital goods.
- Our insurance policy secures an individual export contract, starting from the day of the first delivery until the last payment date, up to the insured amount specified in the insurance policy.
- Protection against the pre-shipment risk i.e. the risk of insolvency of a buyer before delivery or shipment of the goods or performance of a service (e.g. as a result of a unilateral breach of the contract by the buyer). The protection covers production costs, which are manufacturing costs or a purchase price within the meaning of the accounting regulations.
- Flexibility in choosing the type of insurance cover - the possibility of insuring credit risk, pre-shipment risk or both.
- A wide range of insurance cover covering commercial risk, political risk and force majeure risk.
- Free risk assessment and monitoring of the buyer's financial standing.
- Indemnity is paid in the currency of the export contract in order to minimize the currency risk.
- The exporter's subsidiaries may also be covered by the insurance.
- The policy can be used as security for the repayment of a loan granted by a bank.
- Payment of the indemnity is guaranteed by the State Treasury.
Win orders and carry out contracts without freezing up cash in collaterals required by the investor.
- Guarantees increase your company’s credibility in the eyes of your business partner.
- Guarantees are the simplest and most reliable form of securing export contracts honored by foreign buyers.
The policy covers receivables from a buyer based in one of 165 countries (outside the European Union and highly developed markets). Therefore, the insurance covers, inter alia, most of Asia, Africa and the Americas.
- The deferred payment date (trade credit) for the delivered goods or the provided service may not exceed a period of two years. The exceptions are agricultural products, where this period is a maximum of 540 days.
- The insurance covers production costs if the period of pre-shipment risk does not exceed two years - when the payment is made before the delivery of the goods / service, when the goods / services are delivered or is secured by a letter of credit confirmed by a bank based in Poland or by a guarantee.
- If insurance covers both receivables and production costs, the total risk period may not exceed two years, including the period of pre-shipment risk may not exceed one year.
- All receivables subject to insurance must be confirmed by a properly issued invoice. Currency of the invoice must be listed on the “Currency Exchange Rates Table A” published by the National Bank of Poland, or the invoice may be denominated in Polish zlotys.
Manage credit and investment risk comprehensively.
- Our solutions are tailored individually to meet the needs of your business.
- We support sustainable growth of Polish enterprises both in the local market and abroad.